Over the past several years, it has become much harder to find a secluded, opulent vacation destination that allows you to get away from the large crowds and hectic itineraries without having to spend an arm and a leg to get there.
However, it’s important to note that there is still one such location out there.
Norfolk Island: The Gem of the South Pacific
Although this magnificent, historical island spans less than 3,500 hectares, you should take a moment to read through some of the more obscure facts and figures about this captivating landmass:
- The entire population of Norfolk Island is less than 2,500 but the isle is replete with an incredible blend of modernity and traditional aspects.
- The island’s capital city, Kingston, is actually the second-oldest metropolis in all of Australia.
- The island is world renowned as a tropical paradise, but it has a certain homey, leisurely feel to it; for instance, the Norfolk Island phone book lists residents by their personal nicknames as opposed to their full legal names.
- There are very strict codifications in place to protect the natural ecosystem and there are only five or six freshly grown foods that are imported. The rest are planted and cultivated directly on the island.
- Norfolk Island is home to some of the most enthralling indigenous fauna, plant life, and wildlife but there are no snakes, centipedes, sand flies, or fruit flies living on the islet, which is quite rare for a pacific isle.
- With upwards of 40 distinctive plant species and fascinating panoramic views spread throughout the landmass, Norfolk Island represents the perfect place for hikers and nature lovers.
To boot, Norfolk Island has carved out a unique niche as a luxurious holiday retreat for not only adventurers and explorers but also families, honeymooning couples, and even corporate travel groups.
Booking Your Stay
For most people, the turquoise waters, breezy palm trees, and tranquil scenery would be enough for a memorable getaway but it’s worth noting that you’ll also have access to all of the amenities and indulgences that you’d expect from a first-rate vacation destination.
If you take the time to visit the webpage of an esteemed Norfolk Island resort, such as https://www.governorslodgeresort.com/food-glorious-food, you’ll have a chance to peruse through an extensive gallery of the on-site accommodations, iconic restaurants, and contemporary facilities before starting the booking process.
Irrespective of whether you wish to engage in romantic dining, sun-soaked snorkelling, luxuriant spa visits, or one of the charming island tours on offer throughout the year, the knowledgeable in-house experts will be able to create a personalised itinerary to suit your exact penchants and preferences.
As such, a Norfolk Island holiday can provide all of the lavish, tropical frills of a prominent vacation site without the exorbitant price tag. Be sure to visit the homepage of a long-standing resort to begin your planning process.